We are a growing custom software development team in Sydney, Australia who get things done
We are Outcome Driven.
Return on investment is an important part of our projects – we want to work with successful businesses and help them save money on processes.
Our core business is modern, reliable, supported web-based apps.
We use a Fresh Toolchain.
We use modern development tools so your app is snappy and responsive for years to come.
The API comes first – modern software development is about connected tools.
We test our software, compulsively.
Automated testing means the software we build does what it says on the box, even many years and developers down the track.
When one line of code is changed, the functionality of the whole project is automatically tested for expected results.
We are a small company.
A boutique you might say. That makes us client focused and driven by the success of our clients.
We take care of security updates, maintenance and backups so you can just use your app and get on with business.
We run full, encrypted daily off-site backups of all customer data (and intra-day where required) and pro-actively monitor for issues.
We blog a little bit.
Read a few posts here:
- SaaS Case Study: Elvenda – Dropshipping in Australia - I’m working on an Australian dropshipping platform for ecommerce businesses, Elvenda. It’s a technically interesting platform because it needs to regularly import and export thousands of products from a range of ecommerce platforms (so you can dropship with WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, and plenty of others). The product also has a robust payments engine, seamlessly making …
- Laravel: Passing down a parameter in a route prefix/route group - Working through an issue today, I needed to pass a parameter through to sub-routes inside a route group in Laravel. It’s not very well documented, and very powerful. E.g. a signed in user can have a few apps. App with ID 3, 6, 10 etc. Anything they do, once they’ve chosen which app they’re working …
- Laravel 5: Logging all requests and responses - It’s important when deploying a new platform to monitor the first few interactions and keep an eye out for unintended issues. Logging requests and responses against the server is a great way to get a birds eye view of the action. With Laravel 5, this is best done with middleware. Create a clean git branch …
- Chrome: Disable Web Security - Pretty often when debugging a mobile app in a web browser, we need to disable access control allow origin, OPTIONS checks, and SSL. Creating a new Chrome shortcut on the desktop with the following flags will allow you to run Chrome without web security. Mac: open -n -a Google\ Chrome --args --disable-web-security --user-data-dir=/Users/[you]/chromedev/ Windows: "C:\Program …
- React Native: Writing a native Android module - It’s difficult to find clear, up-to-date instructions for writing a native Android module for your React Native project. I spent about half a day piecing this all together from a few sources, so here’s how it ended up. Prerequisites: React Native is installed and up and running If you used expo, you should have ejected …